Important: This article only applies to Android devices.
Certain tasks such as compass calibration can only be performed in the DJI Go app.
To easily switch from your capture app to the DJI Go App and back on an Android device, it is recommended that you do not set either of this app as the default USB device. If you did previously select a default app, reset the default behaviour as follows:
- In Android settings, go to ‘Apps’ (or ‘Apps & Notifications’ or similar, depending on your version of Android)
- Tap the app that you no longer want to be the default. If you don't see it, first tap ‘See all apps’ or ‘App info’.
- Tap ‘Open by default’ (depending on your version of Android, this might be under ‘Advanced’), then tap ‘Clear defaults’.
Once you have cleared the app defaults, use the following steps to switch between your capture app and DJI Go (in strictly this sequence):
- Make sure your drone is turned on.
- Turn off the remote controller.
- Turn on the remote controller.
- When prompted, tap the app you want to use for the USB device, then tap ‘Just once’.
If the procedure described above does not work, go to Android settings, search for ‘USB’ and check that you have not activated any special USB settings and developer options such as:
- Always prompt when connecting USB
- USB debugging authorisation